45 CFR 1306.34 - Combination program option.
(1) Grantees implementing a combination program option must provide class sessions and home visits that result in an amount of contact with children and families that is, at a minimum, equivalent to the services provided through the center-based program option or the home-based program option.
(2) Acceptable combinations of minimum number of class sessions and corresponding number of home visits are shown below. Combination programs must provide these services over a period of 8 to 12 months.
|Number of class sessions||Number of home visits|
(3) The following are examples of various configurations that are possible for a program that operates for 32 weeks:
• A program operating classes three days a week and providing one home visit a month (96 classes and 8 home visits a year);
• A program operating classes two days a week and providing two home visits a month (64 classes and 16 home visits a year);
• A program operating classes one day a week and providing three home visits a month (32 classes and 24 home visits a year).
(4) Grantees operating the combination program option must make a reasonable estimate of the number of days during a year that centers may be closed due to problems such as inclement weather or illness, based on their experience in previous years. Grantees must make provisions in their budgets and program plans to operate make-up classes up to the estimated number, and provide these classes, when necessary, to prevent the number of days of classes from falling below the number required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section. Grantees must make up planned home visits that were canceled by the program or by the program staff if this is necessary to meet the minimums required by paragraph (a)(2) of this section. Medical or social service appointments may not replace home visits.
(1) Grantees implementing the combination program option must comply with the class size requirements contained in § 1306.32(a).
(2) The provisions of the following sections apply to grantees operating the combination program option: § 1306.32(b) (2), (5), (6), (7) and (9).
(3) If a grantee operates a double session or a full day variation, it must meet the provisions concerning double-sessions contained in § 1306.32(c)(1) and (3) and the provisions for the center-based program option's full day variation found in § 1306.32(d).
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.