45 CFR 1357.30 - State fiscal requirements (title IV-B, subpart 1, child welfare services).
(a) Scope. The requirements of this section shall apply to all funds allotted or reallotted to States under title IV-B, subpart 1.
(b) Allotments. Allotments for each State shall be determined in accordance with section 421 of the Act.
(c) Payments. Payments to States shall be made in accordance with section 423 of the Act.
(e) Matching or cost-sharing. Federal financial participation is available only if costs are incurred in implementing sections 422, 423, and 425 of the Act in accordance with the grants administration requirements of 45 CFR part 92 with the following conditions -
(1) The State's contribution may be in cash, donated funds, and non-public third party in-kind contributions.
(2) The total of Federal funds used for the following purposes under title IV-B, subpart 1 may not exceed an amount equal to the FY 1979 Federal payment under title IV-B:
(i) Child day care necessary solely because of the employment, or training to prepare for employment, of a parent or other relative with whom the child involved is living, plus;
(ii) Foster care maintenance payments, plus;
(iii) Adoption assistance payments.
(3) Notwithstanding paragraph (e)(2) of this section, State expenditures required to match the title IV-B, subpart 1 allotment may include foster care maintenance expenditures in any amount.
(f) Prohibition against purchase or construction of facilities. Funds awarded under title IV-B may not be used for the purchase or construction of facilities.
(g) Maintenance of effort.
(1) A State may not receive an amount of Federal funds under title IV-B in excess of the Federal payment made in FY 1979 under title IV-B unless the State's total expenditure of State and local appropriated funds for child welfare services under title IV-B of the Act is equal to or greater than the total of the State's expenditure from State and local appropriated funds used for similar covered services and programs under title IV-B in FY 1979.
(2) In computing a State's level of expenditures under this section in FY 1979 and any subsequent fiscal year, the following costs shall not be included -
(i) Expenditures and costs for child day care necessary to support the employment of a parent or other relative;
(ii) Foster care maintenance payments; and
(iii) Adoption assistance payments.
(3) A State applying for an amount of Federal funds under title IV-B greater than the amount of title IV-B, subpart 1 funds received by that State in FY 1979 shall certify:
(i) The amount of their expenditure in FY 1979 for child welfare services as described in paragraphs (g) (1) and (2) of this section, and
(ii) The amount of State and local funds that have been appropriated and are available for child welfare services as described in paragraphs (g) (1) and (2) of this section for the fiscal year for which application for funds is being made. Records verifying the required certification shall be maintained by the State and made available to the Secretary as necessary to confirm compliance with this section.
(1) When a State certifies to the Commissioner that funds available to that State under its title IV-B, subpart 1 allotment will not be required, those funds shall be available for reallotment to other States.
(2) When a State, after receiving notice from the Commissioner of the availability of funds, does not certify by a date fixed by the Commissioner that it will be able to expend during the period stated in paragraph (i) of this section all of the funds available to it under its title IV-B, subpart 1 allotment, those funds shall be available for reallotment to other States.
(3) The Commissioner may reallot available funds to another State when it is determined that -
(i) The requesting State's plan requires funds in excess of the State's original allotment; and
(ii) the State will be able to expend the additional funds during the period stated in paragraph (i) of this section.
(i) Time limit on expenditures. Funds under title IV-B, subpart 1, must be expended by September 30 of the fiscal year following the fiscal year in which the funds were awarded.