45 CFR 155.405 - Single streamlined application.
(a) The application. The Exchange must use a single streamlined application to determine eligibility and to collect information necessary for:
(1) Enrollment in a QHP;
(2) Advance payments of the premium tax credit;
(3) Cost-sharing reductions; and
(4) Medicaid, CHIP, or the BHP, where applicable.
(b) Alternative application. If the Exchange seeks to use an alternative application, such application, as approved by HHS, must request the minimum information necessary for the purposes identified in paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) Filing the single streamlined application. The Exchange must -
(1) Accept the single streamlined application from an application filer;
(2) Provide the tools to file an application -
(i) Via an Internet Web site;
(ii) By telephone through a call center;
(iii) By mail; and
(iv) In person, with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.