45 CFR 156.290 - Non-renewal and decertification of QHPs.
(a) Non-renewal of recertification. If a QHP issuer elects not to seek recertification with the Exchange, the QHP issuer, at a minimum, must -
(1) Notify the Exchange of its decision prior to the beginning of the recertification process and adhere to the procedures adopted by the Exchange in accordance with § 155.1075 of this subchapter;
(2) Fulfill its obligation to cover benefits for each enrollee through the end of the plan or benefit year through the Exchange;
(3) Fulfill data reporting obligations from the last plan or benefit year of the certification;
(4) Provide notice to enrollees as described in paragraph (b) of this section; and
(5) Terminate the coverage or enrollment through the Exchange of enrollees in the QHP in accordance with § 156.270, as applicable.
(b) Notice of QHP non-renewal. If a QHP issuer elects not to seek recertification with the Exchange for its QHP, the QHP issuer must provide written notice to each enrollee.
(c) Decertification. If a QHP is decertified by the Exchange, the QHP issuer must terminate the enrollment of enrollees through the Exchange only after:
(1) The Exchange has made notification as described in § 155.1080 of this subchapter; and
(2) Enrollees have an opportunity to enroll in other coverage.
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 156 after this date.