45 CFR 1602.12 - Denials.
(a) A denial of a written request for a record that complies with the requirements of § 1602.8 shall be in writing and shall include the following:
(1) A reference to the applicable exemption or exemptions in § 1602.10(b) upon which the denial is based;
(2) An explanation of how the exemption applies to the requested records;
(3) A statement explaining why it is deemed unreasonable to provide segregable portions of the record after deleting the exempt portions;
(4) An estimate of the volume of requested matter denied unless providing such estimate would harm the interest protected by the exemption under which the denial is made;
(6) An explanation of the right to appeal the denial and of the procedures for submitting an appeal, as described in § 1602.13, including the address of the official to whom appeals should be submitted; and
(c) All denials shall be treated as final opinions under § 1602.5(b).
Title 45 published on 04-May-2017 03:04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 1602 after this date.