(a) A denial of a written request for a record that complies with the requirements of § 1602.8 shall be in writing and shall include the following:
(1) A reference to the applicable exemption or exemptions in § 1602.10(b) upon which the denial is based;
(2) An explanation of how the exemption applies to the requested records;
(3) A statement explaining why it is deemed unreasonable to provide segregable portions of the record after deleting the exempt portions;
(4) An estimate of the volume of requested matter denied unless providing such estimate would harm the interest protected by the exemption under which the denial is made;
(5) The name and title of the person or persons responsible for denying the request;
(6) An explanation of the right to appeal the denial and of the procedures for submitting an appeal, as described in § 1602.13, including the address of the official to whom appeals should be submitted; and
(7) An explanation of the right of the requester to seek dispute resolution services from a FOIA Public Liaison or the Office of Government Information Services.
(b) Whenever LSC makes a record available subject to the deletion of a portion of the record, such action shall be deemed a denial of a record for purposes of paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) All denials shall be treated as final opinions under § 1602.5(b).
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.