45 CFR 1627.3 - Requirements for all subgrants.
(1) All subgrants must be submitted in writing to the Corporation for prior, written approval. The submission shall include the terms and conditions of the subgrant and the amount of funds intended to be transferred.
(2) The Corporation shall have 45 days to approve, disapprove, or suggest modifications to the subgrant. A subgrant which is disapproved or to which modifications are suggested may be resubmitted for approval. Should the Corporation fail to take action within 45 days, the recipient shall notify the Corporation of this failure and, unless the Corporation responds within 7 days of the receipt of such notification, the subgrant shall be deemed to have been approved.
(3) Any subgrant not approved according to the procedures of paragraph (a)(2) of this section shall be subject to audit disallowance and recovery of all the funds expended pursuant thereto.
(4) Any subgrant which is a continuation of a previous subgrant and which expires before March 1, 1984 may be extended until March 1, 1984, if a new subgrant agreement is submitted for approval to the Corporation by January 15, 1984. In the event the Corporation refuses to allow the renewal of any such submitted agreement, the recipient shall be permitted to allow the subrecipient 60 days' funding to close out the subgrant activities.
(1) A subgrant may not be for a period longer than one year, and all funds remaining at the end of the grant period shall be considered part of the recipient's fund balance.
(2) All subgrants shall contain a provision providing for their orderly termination in the event that the recipient's funding is terminated or the recipient is not refunded and for suspension of activities if the recipient's funding is suspended.
(3) A substantial change in the work program of a subgrant or an increase or decrease in funding of more than 10% shall require Corporation approval pursuant to the provisions of section 1627.3(a). Minor changes of work program or changes in funding of less than 10% shall not require prior Corporation approval, but the Corporation shall be informed in writing thereof.
(c) Recipients shall be responsible for ensuring that sub recipients comply with the financial and audit provisions of the Corporation. The recipient is responsible for ensuring the proper expenditure, accounting for, and audit of delegated funds. Any funds delegated by a recipient to a subrecipient shall be subject to the audit and financial requirements of the Audit and Accounting Guide for Recipients and Auditors. The delegated funds may be separately disclosed and accounted for, and reported upon in the audited financial statements of a recipient; or such funds may be included in a separate audit report of the subrecipient. The relationship between the recipient and subrecipient will determine the proper method of financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. A subgrant agreement may provide for alternative means of assuring the propriety of subrecipient expenditures, especially in instances where a large organization receives a small subgrant. If such an alternate means is approved by the Audit Division of the Corporation, the information provided thereby shall satisfy the recipient's annual audit requirement with regard to the subgrant funds.
(d) The recipient shall be responsible for repaying the Corporation for any disallowed expenditures by a subrecipient, irrespective of whether the recipient is able to recover such expenditures from the subrecipient.
(e) To assure subrecipient compliance with the Act, Congressional restrictions having the force of law, Corporation Regulations (45 CFR chapter XVI), and Corporation Guidelines or Instructions, contracts between a recipient and a subrecipient shall provide for the same oversight rights for the Corporation with respect to subrecipients as apply to recipients.
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 1627 after this date.