45 CFR 233.28 - Monthly reporting.
(a) State plans specifying retrospective budgeting shall require that recipients with earned income, other than income from self-employment, report that income to the agency monthly. The State may require recipients with unearned income, no income, or income from self-employment to report monthly. The agency shall provide a form for this purpose, which:
(2) Specifies the date by which the agency must receive the form and the consequences of a late or incomplete form, including whether the agency will delay or withhold payment if the form is not returned by the specified date;
(3) Identifies an individual or agency unit the recipient should contact to receive prompt answers to questions about information requested on the form, and provides a telephone number for this purpose;
(4) Includes a statement, to be signed by the recipient, that he or she understands that the information he or she provides may result in changes in assistance, including reduction or termination;
(5) Advises the recipient if supplemental payments are available and the proper procedures for initiating a request; and
(6) Advises the recipient of his or her right to a fair hearing on any decrease or termination of assistance or denial of a supplemental payment.
(b) The agency shall specify the date by which it must receive the monthly report. This date shall be at least 5 days from the end of the budget month and shall also allow the recipient at least 5 days to complete the report.
(c) The agency may consider a monthly report incomplete only if it is unsigned or omits information necessary to determine eligibility or compute the payment amount.
(e) The agency shall make special provisions for persons who are illiterate or have other handicaps so that they cannot complete a monthly report form.
[44 FR 26083, May 4, 1979]
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 233.