45 CFR 233.34 - Computing the assistance payment in the initial one or two months (AFDC).
(a) Prospectively (except as in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section); or
(b) Retrospectively if the applicant received assistance (or would have except for the prohibition on payments of less than $10) for the immediately preceding payment month (except where the State pays the second month after application prospectively); or
(c) Retrospectively if:
(1) Assistance had been suspended as defined in paragraph (d) of this section; and
(2) The initial month follows the month of suspension; and
(3) The family's circumstances for the initial month had not changed significantly from those reported in the corresponding budget month, e.g., loss of job.
(d) A State may suspend, rather than terminate, assistance when:
(1) The agency has knowledge of, or reason to believe that ineligibility would be only for one payment month; and
(2) Ineligibility for that one payment month was caused by income or other circumstances in the corresponding budget month.
- 45 CFR 233.31 — Budgeting Methods for AFDC.
- 45 CFR 233.35 — Computing the Assistance Payment Under Retrospective Budgeting After the Initial One or Two Months (AFDC).
- 45 CFR 233.20 — Need and Amount of Assistance.
- 45 CFR 206.10 — Application, Determination of Eligibility and Furnishing of Assistance.