45 CFR 2506.41 - What are the Corporation's procedures for collecting debts by tax refund offset?
(a) The Corporation's Accounting and Financial Management Services Division will be the point of contact with the Treasury for administrative matters regarding the offset program.
(c) The Corporation will submit to the Treasury a notification of a taxpayer's liability for past-due legally enforceable debt. This notification will contain the following:
(1) The name and taxpayer identification number of the debtor;
(2) The amount of the past-due and legally enforceable debt;
(3) The date on which the original debt became past due;
(4) A statement certifying that, with respect to each debt reported, all of the requirements of § 2506.40(b) have been satisfied; and
(5) Any other information as prescribed by Treasury.
(e) The Corporation will promptly notify the Treasury to correct data when the Corporation:
(1) Determines that an error has been made with respect to a debt that has been referred;
(2) Receives or credits a payment on the debt; or
(3) Receives notice that the person owing the debt has filed for bankruptcy under title 11 of the United States Code and the automatic stay is in effect or has been adjudicated bankrupt and the debt has been discharged.
(f) When advising debtors of the Corporation's intent to refer a debt to the Treasury for offset, the Corporation will also advise debtors of remedial actions (see §§ 2506.9 and 2506.14 through 2506.16 of this part) available to defer the offset or prevent it from taking place.