45 CFR § 2509.10 - What does this subpart cover?
(a) This subpart sets forth the Corporation for National and Community Service's (CNCS's) procedures for issuing guidance documents. It applies to all CNCS employees and contractors involved in issuing CNCS guidance documents on or after April 28, 2020.
(b) For the purposes of this subpart, “guidance document” means any statement of general applicability, intended to have future effect on the behavior of regulated parties, that sets forth a policy on a statute, regulatory, or technical issue, or an interpretation of a statute or regulation, but does not include:
(2) Rules of agency organization, procedure, or practice;
(4) Internal executive branch legal advice or legal advisory opinions addressed to executive branch officials;
(5) Agency statements of specific applicability, including advisory or legal opinions directed to particular parties about circumstance-specific questions, notices regarding particular locations or facilities, and correspondence with individual persons or entities, except documents directed to a particular party and designed to guide the conduct of the broader regulated public;
(6) Legal briefs, other court filings, or positions taken in litigation or enforcement actions;
(7) Agency statements that do not set forth for the first time a new regulatory policy on a statutory, regulatory, or technical issue or an interpretation of a statute or regulation, including speeches and individual presentations, editorials, media interviews, press materials, or congressional testimony;
(8) Grant solicitations and awards;
(9) Contract solicitations and awards; or
(10) Purely internal agency policies or guidance directed solely to CNCS employees or contractors or to other Federal agencies that are not intended to have substantial future effect on the behavior of regulated parties.