45 CFR 2522.450 - What types of programs or program models may receive special consideration in the selection process?
Following the scoring of proposals under § 2522.440 of this part, the Corporation will seek to ensure that its portfolio of approved programs includes a meaningful representation of proposals that address one or more of the following priorities:
(1) Programs operated by community organizations, including faith-based organizations, or programs that support the efforts of community organizations, including faith-based organizations, to solve local problems;
(2) Lower-cost professional corps programs, as defined in paragraph (a)(3) of§ 2522.110 of this chapter.
(1) Programs that serve or involve children and youth, including mentoring of disadvantaged youth and children of prisoners;
(2) Programs that address educational needs, including those that carry out literacy and tutoring activities generally, and those that focus on reading for children in the third grade or younger;
(3) Programs that focus on homeland security activities that support and promote public safety, public health, and preparedness for any emergency, natural or man-made (this includes programs that help to plan, equip, train, and practice the response capabilities of many different response units ready to mobilize without warning for any emergency);
(6) Programs that increase service and service-learning on higher education campuses in partnership with their surrounding communities;
(7) Programs that foster opportunities for Americans born in the post-World War II baby boom to serve and volunteer in their communities; and
(8) Programs that involve community-development by finding and using local resources, and the capacities, skills, and assets of lower-income people and their community, to rejuvenate their local economy, strengthen public and private investments in the community, and help rebuild civil society.
(1) A community designated as an empowerment zone or redevelopment area, targeted for special economic incentives, or otherwise identifiable as having high concentrations of low-income people;
(3) An area adversely affected by Federal actions related to managing Federal lands that result in significant regional job losses and economic dislocation;
(4) An area adversely affected by reductions in defense spending or the closure or realignment of military installation;
(5) An area that has an unemployment rate greater than the national average unemployment for the most recent 12 months for which State or Federal data are available;
(d) Other programs: Programs that meet any additional priorities as the Corporation determines and disseminates in advance of the selection process.
[70 FR 39600, July 8, 2005]
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 2522.