45 CFR 2554.17 - At the hearing, what rights do the parties have?
(a) The parties to the hearing shall be the defendant and the Corporation. Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 3730(c)(5), a private plaintiff in an action under the False Claims Act may participate in the hearing to the extent authorized by the provisions of that Act.
(b) Each party has the right to:
(1) Be represented by a representative;
(2) Request a pre-hearing conference and participate in any conference held by the ALJ;
(3) Conduct discovery;
(4) Agree to stipulations of fact or law which will be made a part of the record;
(5) Present evidence relevant to the issues at the hearing;
(6) Present and cross-examine witnesses;
(7) Present arguments at the hearing as permitted by the ALJ; and
(8) Submit written briefs and proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law after the hearing, as permitted by the ALJ.
Title 45 published on 04-May-2017 03:04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 2554 after this date.