45 CFR 260.20 - What is the purpose of the TANF program?
The TANF program has the following four purposes:
(a) Provide assistance to needy families so that children may be cared for in their own homes or in the homes of relatives;
(b) End the dependence of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage;
(c) Prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies and establish annual numerical goals for preventing and reducing the incidence of these pregnancies; and
(d) Encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families.
- 45 CFR 263.2 — What Kinds of State Expenditures Count Toward Meeting a State's Basic MOE Expenditure Requirement?
- 45 CFR 263.11 — What Uses of Federal TANF Funds Are Improper?
- 45 CFR 265.9 — What Information Must the State File Annually?
- 45 CFR 264.75 — For the Annual Reconciliation, What Are Qualifying State Expenditures?
- 45 CFR 263.12 — How Will We Determine if a State Intentionally Misused Federal TANF Funds?