45 CFR 261.62 - What must a State do to verify the accuracy of its work participation information?
(1) Establish and employ procedures for determining whether its work activities may count for participation rate purposes;
(2) Establish and employ procedures for determining how to count and verify reported hours of work;
(3) Establish and employ procedures for identifying who is a work-eligible individual;
(4) Establish and employ internal controls to ensure compliance with the procedures; and
(b) A State's Work Verification Plan must include the following:
(1) For each countable work activity:
(i) A description demonstrating how the activity meets the relevant definition at § 261.2;
(ii) A description of how the State determines the number of countable hours of participation; and
(iii) A description of the documentation it uses to monitor participation and ensure that the actual hours of participation are reported;
(i) Accurately inputs data into the State's automated data processing system;
(ii) Properly tracks the hours though the automated data processing system; and
(iii) Accurately reports the hours to the Department;
(4) A description of the procedures for ensuring it does not transmit to the Department a work-eligible individual's hours of participation in an activity that does not meet a Federal definition of a countable work activity; and
(5) A description of the internal controls that the State has implemented to ensure a consistent measurement of the work participation rates, including the quality assurance processes and sampling specifications it uses to monitor adherence to the established work verification procedures by State staff, local staff, and contractors.
(c) We will review a State's Work Verification Plan for completeness and approve it if we believe that it will result in accurate reporting of work participation information.
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 261 after this date.
- 45 CFR 261.61 — How Must a State Document a Work-Eligible Individual's Hours of Participation?
- 45 CFR 261.60 — What Hours of Participation May a State Report for a Work-Eligible Individual?
- 45 CFR 261.64 — How Will We Determine Whether a State's Work Verification Procedures Ensure an Accurate Work Participation Measurement?