45 CFR 261.65 - Under what circumstances will we impose a work verification penalty?
(a) We will take action to impose a penalty under § 262.1(a)(15) of this chapter if:
(1) The requirements under § 261.64(a) and (b) have not been met; or
(2) We determine that the State has not maintained adequate documentation, verification, or internal control procedures to ensure the accuracy of the data used in calculating the work participation rates.
(b) If a State fails to submit an interim or complete Work Verification Plan by the due dates in § 261.64(a), we will reduce the SFAG payable for the immediately succeeding fiscal year by five percent of the adjusted SFAG.
(1) One percent for the first year;
(2) Two percent for second year;
(3) Three percent for the third year;
(4) Four percent for the fourth year; and,
(5) Five percent for the fifth and subsequent years.
(d) If a State complies with the requirements in this subpart for two consecutive years, then any penalty imposed for subsequent failures will begin anew, as described in paragraph (c) of this section.
Title 45 published on 04-May-2017 03:04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 261 after this date.