45 CFR 283.3 - What steps will we follow to award the bonus?
(1) Based on the vital statistics data provided by NCHS as described in§ 283.4, calculate the ratios for the most recent two years for which final birth data are available, and for the prior two years, as described in § 283.5;
(2) Calculate the proportionate change between these two ratios, as described in§ 283.5.
(3) Identify as potentially eligible a maximum of eight States, i.e., Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa, and five other States, that have qualifying decreases in their ratios, using the methodology described in§ 283.5;
(4) Notify these potentially eligible States that we will consider them for the bonus if they submit data on abortions as stated in§ 283.6; and
(5) Identify which of the potentially eligible States that submitted the required data on abortions have experienced decreases in their rates of abortion relative to 1995, as described in§ 283.7. These States will receive the bonus.
Title 45 published on .
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 283.