45 CFR 286.30 - What is the process for retrocession of a Tribal Family Assistance Grant?
(a) A Tribe that wishes to terminate its TFAG prior to the end of its three-year plan must -
(2) Notify the Secretary in writing of the reason(s) for termination no later than 30 days prior to the effective date of the termination, where such effective data is mutually agreed upon by the Tribe and the affected State(s).
(b) The effective date of the termination must coincide with the last day of a calendar month.
(d) The SFAG will be increased by the amount of the TFAG available for the subsequent quarterly installment.
(e) A Tribe's application to implement a TANF program subsequent to its retrocession will be treated as any other application to operate a TANF program, except that we may take into account when considering approval -
(i) The Tribe has control over such circumstances, and
(ii) Such circumstances are reasonably related to program funding accountability, and
(2) Whether any outstanding funds and penalty amounts are repaid.
(1) Complying with the data collection and reporting requirements and all other program requirements for the period before the retrocession is effective;
(3) compliance with other Federal statutes and regulations applicable to the TANF program; and
(4) any penalties resulting from audits covering the period before the effective date of retrocession.
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 286 after this date.