45 CFR 304.12 - Incentive payments.
(a)Definitions. For the purposes of this section:
Non-title IV-A collections means support collections, on behalf of individuals receiving services under this title, satisfying a support obligation which has not been assigned under section 408(a)(3) of the Act or section 471(a)(17) of the Act, including collections treated in accordance with paragraph (b)(4)(ii) of this section .
Title IV-A collections means support collections satisfying an assigned support obligation under section 408(a)(3) of the Act or section 471(a)(17) of the Act, including collections treated in accordance with paragraph (b)(4)(ii) of this section.
Total IV-D administrative costs means total IV-D administrative expenditures claimed by a State in a specified fiscal year adjusted in accordance with paragraphs (b)(4)(iii), (b)(4)(iv) and (b)(4)(v) of this section.
(b)Incentive payments to States. Effective October 1, 1985, the Office shall compute incentive payments for States for a fiscal year in recognition of title IV-A collections and of non-title IV-A collections.
(1) A portion of a State's incentive payment shall be computed as a percentage of the State's title IV-A collections, and a portion of the incentive payment shall be computed as a percentage of its non-title IV-A collections. The percentages are determined separately for title IV-A and non-title IV-A portions of the incentive. The percentages are based on the ratio of the State's title IV-A collections to the State's total administrative costs and the State's non-title IV-A collections to the State's total administrative costs in accordance with the following schedule:
|Ratio of collections to total IV-D administrative costs||Percent of collection paid as an incentive|
|Less than 1.4||6.0|
|At least 1.4||6.5|
|At least 1.6||7.0|
|At least 1.8||7.5|
|At least 2.0||8.0|
|At least 2.2||8.5|
|At least 2.4||9.0|
|At least 2.6||9.5|
|At least 2.8||10.0|
(3) The portion of the incentive payment paid to a State for a fiscal year in recognition of its non-title IV-A collections is limited to the percentage of the portion of the incentive payment paid for that fiscal year in recognition of its title IV-A collections, as follows:
(i) 100 percent in fiscal years 1986 and 1987;
(ii) 105 percent in fiscal year 1988;
(iii) 110 percent in fiscal year 1989; and
(iv) 115 percent in fiscal year 1990 and thereafter.
(4) In calculating the amount of incentive payments, the following conditions apply:
(i) Only those title IV-A and non-title IV-A collections distributed and expenditures claimed by the State in the fiscal year shall be used to determine the incentive payment payable for that fiscal year;
(iii) Fees paid by individuals, recovered costs, and program income such as interest earned on collections shall be deducted from total IV-D administrative costs;
(vi) Costs of demonstration projects for evaluating model procedures for reviewing child support awards under section 103(e) of Public Law 100-485 shall not be included in the State's total IV-D administrative costs.
(c)Payment of incentives.
(2) Each State will include one-quarter of the estimated total payment in its quarterly collection report which will reduce the amount that would otherwise be paid to the Federal government to reimburse its share of assistance payments under §§ 302.51 and 302.52 of this chapter.
(3) Following the end of a fiscal year, the Office will calculate the actual incentive payment the State should have received based on the reports submitted for that fiscal year. If adjustments to the estimate made under paragraph (c)(1) of this section are necessary, the State's IV-A grant award will be reduced or increased because of over- or under-estimates for prior quarters and for other adjustments.
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 304 after this date.