(a) The incentive payment for a State for a fiscal year is equal to the incentive payment pool for the fiscal year, multiplied by the State incentive payment share for the fiscal year.
(b) The incentive payment pool is:
(1) $422,000,000 for fiscal year 2000;
(2) $429,000,000 for fiscal year 2001;
(3) $450,000,000 for fiscal year 2002;
(4) $461,000,000 for fiscal year 2003;
(5) $454,000,000 for fiscal year 2004;
(6) $446,000,000 for fiscal year 2005;
(7) $458,000,000 for fiscal year 2006;
(8) $471,000,000 for fiscal year 2007;
(9) $483,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
(10) For any succeeding fiscal year, the amount of the incentive payment pool for the fiscal year that precedes such succeeding fiscal year multiplied by the percentage (if any) by which the CPI for such preceding fiscal year exceeds the CPI for the second preceding fiscal year. In other words, for each fiscal year following fiscal year 2008, the incentive payment pool will be multiplied by the percentage increase in the CPI between the two preceding years. For example, if the CPI increases by 1 percent between fiscal years 2007 and 2008, then the incentive pool for fiscal year 2009 would be a 1 percent increase over the $483,000,000 incentive payment pool for fiscal year 2008, or $487,830,000.
(c) The State incentive payment share for a fiscal year is the incentive base amount for the State for the fiscal year divided by the sum of the incentive base amounts for all of the States for the fiscal year.
(d) A State's maximum incentive base amount for a fiscal year is the State's collections base for the fiscal year for the paternity establishment, support order, and current collections performance measures and 75 percent of the State's collections base for the fiscal year for the arrearage collections and cost-effectiveness performance measures.
(e) A State's maximum incentive base amount for a State for a fiscal year is zero, unless a Federal audit performed under§ 305.60 of this part determines that the data submitted by the State for the fiscal year and used to determine the performance level involved are complete and reliable.
(f) A State's collections base for a fiscal year is equal to: two times the sum of the total amount of support collected for Current Assistance cases plus two times the total amount of support collected in Former Assistance cases, plus the total amount of support collected in Never Assistance/other cases during the fiscal year, that is: 2(Current Assistance collections Former Assistance collections) all other collections.
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 305.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.