45 CFR 307.30 - Federal financial participation at the 90 percent rate for statewide computerized support enforcement systems.
(a)Conditions that must be met for FFP. During the Federal fiscal years 1996, and 1997, Federal financial participation is available at the 90 percent rate in expenditures for the planning, design, development, installation or enhancement of a computerized support enforcement system as described in §§ 307.5 and 307.10 limited to the amount in an advance planning document, or APDU submitted on or before September 30, 1995, and approved by OCSE if:
(2) The system meets the requirements specified in § 307.10;
(3) The Office determines that the expenditures incurred are consistent with the approved APD;
(4) The Office determines that the computerized support enforcement system or alternative system configuration is designed effectively and efficiently and will improve the management and administration of the State IV-D plan;
(6) The State or local government has ownership rights in software, software modifications and associated documentation that is designed, developed, installed, or enhanced with 90 percent FFP under this section subject to the Department of Health and Human Services license specified in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b)Federal financial participation in the costs of hardware and proprietary software.
(1) Until September 30, 1997, FFP at the 90 percent rate is available in expenditures for the rental or purchase of hardware for the planning, design, development, installation or enhancement of a computerized support enforcement system as described in § 307.10 in accordance with the limitation in paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) Until September 30, 1997, FFP at the 90 percent rate is available for expenditures for the rental or purchase of proprietary operating/vendor software necessary for the operation of hardware during the planning, design, development, installation or enhancement of a computerized support enforcement system in accordance with the limitation in paragraph (a) of this section, and the OCSE guideline entitled “Automated Systems for Child Support Enforcement: A Guide for States.” FFP at the 90 percent rate is not available for proprietary application software developed specifically for a computerized support enforcement system. § 307.35 of this part regarding reimbursement at the applicable matching rate.)
(c)HHS rights to software. The Department of Health and Human Services reserves a royalty-free, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to reproduce, publish or otherwise use, and to authorize others to use for Federal government purposes, software, software modifications, and documentation developed under § 307.10. This license would permit the Department to authorize the use of software, software modifications and documentation developed under § 307.10 in another project or activity funded by the Federal government.
(d)Consequences of suspension of the APD. If the Office suspends approval of an APD in accordance with § 307.40 of this part during the planning design, development, installation, enhancement or operation of the system:
(2) FFP at the 90 and applicable matching rates is not available in any expenditures incurred under the APD after the date of the suspension until the date the Office determines that the State has taken the actions specified in the notice of suspension described in § 307.40(a)(2) of this part. The Office will notify the State in writing upon making such a determination. (See § 307.35(b) regarding reimbursement for disallowed expenditures under part 95, subpart F of this title.)
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 307 after this date.