45 CFR 309.15 - What is a Tribal IV-D program application?
(a)Initial application. The initial application for funding under § 309.65(a) may be submitted at any time. The initial application must include:
(1) Standard Form (SF) 424, “Application for Federal Assistance;”
(2) SF 424A, “Budget Information - Non-Construction Programs,” including the following information:
(i) A quarter-by-quarter estimate of expenditures for the funding period; and
(ii) Notification of whether the Tribe or Tribal organization is requesting funds for indirect costs and if so, an election of a method under paragraph (a)(3) of this section to calculate estimated indirect costs; and
(iii) A narrative justification for each cost category on the form; and either:
(iv) A statement that the Tribe or Tribal organization has or will have the non-Federal share of program expenditures available, as required; or
(v) A request for a waiver of the non-Federal share in accordance with § 309.130(e), if appropriate.
(3) If the Tribe or Tribal organization requests funding for indirect costs, estimated indirect costs may be submitted either by:
(i) Including documentation of the dollar amount of indirect costs allocable to the IV-D program; or
(ii) Submission of its current indirect cost rate negotiated with the Department of Interior and the estimated amount of indirect costs calculated using the negotiated cost rate.
(4) The Tribal IV-D plan. The initial application must include a comprehensive statement identifying how the Tribe or Tribal organization is meeting the requirements of subpart C of this part and that describes the capacity of the Tribe or Tribal organization to operate a IV-D program which meets the objectives of title IV-D of the Act, including establishment of paternity, establishment, modification, and enforcement of support orders, and location of noncustodial parents.
(b)Additional application requirement for Tribal organizations. The initial and subsequent annual budget submissions of a Tribal organization must document that each participating Tribe authorizes the Tribal organization to operate a Tribal IV-D program on its behalf.
(c)Annual budget submission. Following the initial funding period, the Tribe or Tribal organization operating a IV-D program must submit annually Form SF 424A, including all the necessary accompanying information and documentation described in paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this section.
(d)Plan Amendments. Plan amendments must be submitted in accordance with the requirements of § 309.35(e).
Title 45 published on 2015-11-20
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 309 after this date.
- 45 CFR 309.50 — What Are the Consequences of Disapproval of a Tribal IV-D Program Application, Plan or Plan Amendment?
- 45 CFR 310.20 — What Are the Conditions for Funding the Installation, Operation, Maintenance and Enhancement of Computerized Tribal IV-D Systems and Office Automation?
- 45 CFR 309.130 — How Will Tribal IV-D Programs Be Funded and What Forms Are Required?