§ 309.65What must a Tribe or Tribal organization include in a Tribal IV-D plan in order to demonstrate capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program?
(a) A Tribe or Tribal organization demonstrates capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program meeting the objectives of title IV-D of the Act and these regulations by submission of a Tribal IV-D plan which contains the required elements listed in paragraphs (a)(1) through (14) of this section:
(1) A description of the population subject to the jurisdiction of the Tribal court or administrative agency for child support purposes as specified under§ 309.70;
(2) Evidence that the Tribe or Tribal organization has in place procedures for accepting all applications for IV-D services and promptly providing IV-D services required by law and regulation;
(3) Assurance that the due process rights of the individuals involved will be protected in all activities of the Tribal IV-D program, including establishment of paternity, and establishment, modification, and enforcement of support orders;
(4) Administrative and management procedures as specified under§ 309.75;
(5) Safeguarding procedures as specified under§ 309.80;
(6) Assurance that the Tribe or Tribal organization will maintain records as specified under§ 309.85;
(7) Copies of all applicable Tribal laws and regulations as specified under§ 309.90;
(8) Procedures for the location of noncustodial parents as specified under§ 309.95;
(9) Procedures for the establishment of paternity as specified under§ 309.100;
(10) Guidelines for the establishment and modification of child support obligations as specified under§ 309.105;
(11) Procedures for income withholding as specified under§ 309.110;
(12) Procedures for the distribution of child support collections as specified under§ 309.115;
(13) Procedures for intergovernmental case processing as specified under§ 309.120; and
(14) Tribally-determined performance targets for paternity establishment, support order establishment, amount of current support to be collected, amount of past due support to be collected, and any other performance measures a Tribe or Tribal organization may want to submit.
(b) If a Tribe or Tribal organization currently is unable to satisfy any or all of the requirements specified in paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) It may demonstrate capacity to operate a Tribal IV-D program meeting the objectives of title IV-D of the Act and these regulations by submission of an application for start-up funding as required by§ 309.16(a) of this part.
(2) The Secretary may cease start-up funding to a Tribe or Tribal organization if that Tribe or Tribal organization fails to satisfy one or more provisions or milestones described in its program development plan within the timeframe specified in such plan.
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 45 CFR Part 309.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.