45 CFR 675.3 - Medical clearance criteria.
(a) The USAP shall establish Medical Clearance Criteria for determining eligibility for deployment to Antarctica. (See Medical Standards for Antarctic Deployment available from the National Science Foundation, Office of Polar Programs, room 755.09, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22230).
The criteria will include examination of the following major organ systems:
(1) Lungs and chest wall.
(2) Heart and vascular system.
(3) Abdominal organs and gastrointestinal system.
(4) Endocrine or metabolic system.
(5) Genitalia and urinary system.
(7) Skin and cellular tissues.
(8) Neurological Disorders.
(9) Psychiatric or psychological.
(b) The USAP may review and revise the Medical Clearance Criteria periodically as appropriate.