45 CFR 702.5 - Conduct of proceedings.
(a) The Chairperson shall announce in an opening statement the subject of the proceedings.
(b) Following the opening statement, the Commission shall first convene in executive session if one is required pursuant to the provisions of § 702.6.
(1) Set the order of presentation of evidence and appearance of witnesses;
(2) Rule on objections and motions;
(3) Administer oaths and affirmations;
(4) Make all rulings with respect to the introduction into or exclusion from the record of documentary or other evidence;
(5) Regulate the course and decorum of the proceedings and the conduct of the parties and their counsel to ensure that the proceedings are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
(d) Proceedings shall be conducted with reasonable dispatch and due regard shall be had for the convenience and necessity of witnesses.
(g) The Chairperson may punish breaches of order and decorum by censure and exclusion from the proceedings.