46 CFR 10.225 - Requirements for original merchant mariner credentials.
(a) An applicant must apply as an original if the MMC sought is -
(1) The first credential issued to the applicant;
(2) The first credential issued to applicants after their previous credential has expired beyond the grace period and they do not hold a Document of Continuity under § 10.227(g) of this part or an equivalent unexpired continuity endorsement on their license or MMD; or
(b) A complete application for an original MMC must contain the following, except as otherwise noted in § 10.227(i) of this subpart:
(1) A completed, signed application.
(2) Proof that the mariner either holds a valid TWIC or has applied for a TWIC.
(3) All supplementary materials required to show that the mariner meets the mandatory requirements for all endorsements sought as follows:
(iv) The mandatory requirements for STCW endorsements are contained in parts 11, 12, and 13 of this subchapter.
(4) The appropriate fee as set forth in § 10.219 of this part.
(6) Where sea service is required, documentary evidence in accordance with § 10.232 of this part.
(7) Proof, documented on CG-719-K or CG-719-K/E, as appropriate, that the applicant passed all applicable vision, hearing, medical, and/or physical exams as required by subpart C of this part or a valid medical certificate issued by the Coast Guard.
(8) Consent to a Coast Guard check of the NDR for offenses described in section 205(a)(3)(A) or (B) of the National Driver Register Act of 1982, as amended.
(9) The oath as required in paragraph (c) of this section.
(c)Oath. Every person who receives an original MMC must first take an oath, before an official authorized to give such an oath, that he or she will faithfully and honestly, according to his or her best skill and judgment, without concealment or reservation, perform all the duties required by law and obey all lawful orders of superior officers. An oath may be administered by any Coast Guard-designated individual or any person legally permitted to administer oaths in the jurisdiction where the person taking the oath resides. An oath administered at a location other than the Coast Guard must be verified in writing by the administering official and submitted to the same Regional Examination Center (REC) where the applicant applied for his or her MMC. This oath remains binding for any subsequently issued MMC and endorsements added to the MMC, unless specifically renounced in writing.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 10 after this date.