46 CFR 125.120 - Carriage of noxious liquid substances in bulk.
(a) Except as provided by this section, no OSV of less than 6,000 GT ITC (500 GRT if GT ITC is not assigned) may carry a noxious liquid substance (NLS) in bulk without the approval of the Commandant (CG-ENG).
(b) An OSV may carry in integral and fixed independent tanks NLSs listed by § 153.2 of this chapter, in quantities not to exceed 20 percent of the vessel's deadweight.
(c) Each OSV carrying NLSs in bulk in integral tanks or fixed independent tanks must -
(1) Meet the definition of oceangoing in 33 CFR 151.05;
(2) Have a Certificate of Inspection or NLS Certificate (issued by the Coast Guard) endorsed with the name of the NLS cargo; and
(3) Have the Cargo Record Book prescribed in § 153.490(a)(1) of this chapter.
(d) An OSV that does not meet the equipment requirements in §§ 153.470 through 153.491 of this chapter may not discharge NLS residues to the sea. The vessel's Certificate of Inspection or NLS Certificate will contain this restriction.
(e) Each OSV that discharges NLS residues to the sea must meet -
(1) The equipment requirements in §§ 153.470 through 153.491 of this chapter; and
(2) The operating requirements in §§ 153.901, 153.903, 153.909, and 153.1100 of this chapter.
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 125 after this date.