46 CFR 153.470 - System for discharge of NLS residue to the sea: Categories A, B, C, and D.
Unless waived under § 153.491, each ship that discharges Category A, B, or C NLS residue, or Category D NLS residue not diluted to 1/10th of its original concentration, into the sea under §§ 153.1126 and 153.1128 must have an NLS residue discharge system meeting the following:
(a)Minimum diameter of an NLS residue discharge outlet. The outlet of each NLS residue discharge system must have a diameter at least as great as that given by the following formula:
(b)Location of an NLS residue discharge outlet. Each NLS residue discharge outlet must be located -
(1) At the turn of the bilge beneath the cargo area; and
(2) Where the discharge from the outlet is not drawn into the ship's seawater intakes.
(c)Location of dual NLS residue discharge outlets. If the value of 6.45 for K is used in § 153.1126(b)(2), the NLS residue discharge system must have two outlets located on opposite sides of the ship.
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 153 after this date.
- 46 CFR 153.7 — Ships Built Before December 27, 1977 and Non-Self-Propelled Ships Built Before July 1, 1983: Application.
- 46 CFR 125.120 — Carriage of Noxious Liquid Substances in Bulk by OSVs of Less Than 6,000 GT ITC (500 GRT if GT ITC Is Not Assigned).
- 46 CFR 98.31-10 — Certificate of Inspection and NLS Certificate Endorsements.
- 46 CFR 151.12-5 — Equipment for Category D NLS.
- 46 CFR 153.481 — Stripping Quantities and Interim Standards for Category B NLS Tanks on Ships Built Before July 1, 1986: Category B.
- 46 CFR 153.1126 — Discharge of NLS Residue From a Slop Tank to the Sea: Categories A, B, C, and D.
- 46 CFR 153.1128 — Discharge of NLS Residue From a Cargo Tank to the Sea: Categories A. B, C, and D.
- 46 CFR 153.491 — Waiver of Certain Equipment for Dedicated Cargo Tanks.
- 46 CFR 153.1130 — Failure of Slops Discharge Recording Equipment; Operating With, Reporting Failures, and Replacing Pollution Equipment: Category A, B, C, D.