46 CFR 160.052-2 - Size and model.
(a) A standard buoyant vest is manufactured in accordance with a plan specified in § 160.052-1(b) and is a:
(1) Model AP, adult (for persons over 90 pounds);
(2) Model CPM, child, medium (for persons weighing from 50 to 90 pounds); or
(3) Model CPS, child, small (for persons weighing less than 50 pounds).
(b) A nonstandard buoyant vest is:
(1) Manufactured in accordance with the manufacturer's approved plan;
(2) Equivalent in performance to the standard buoyant vest; and
(3) Assigned a model designation by the manufacturer for the following sizes:
(i) Adult (for persons weighing over 90 pounds);
(ii) Child, medium (for persons weighing from 50 to 90 pounds);
(iii) Child, small (for persons weighing less than 50 pounds).
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.