46 CFR 160.077-5 - Incorporation by reference.
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a). To enforce any edition other than that specified in paragraph (b) of this section, the Coast Guard must publish a notice of change in the Federal Register and make the material available to the public. All approved material is on file at the Coast Guard Headquarters. Contact Commandant (CG-ENG), Attn: Office of Design and Engineering Systems, U.S. Coast Guard Stop 7509, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20593-7509. You may also contact the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. All material is available from the sources listed below.
(b) ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, P.O. Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, 877-909-2786, http://www.astm.org.
(1) ASTM B 117-97, Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus, into § 160.077-11.
(3) ASTM D1434-82 (Reapproved 2009) ε1, Standard Test Method for Determining Gas Permeability Characteristics of Plastic Film and Sheeting ( approved May 1, 2009), incorporation by reference approved for § 160.077-19.
(c) DLA Document Services, 700 Robbins Avenue, Building 4/D, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094, 215-697-6396, http://assistdocs.com.
(1) In Federal Test Method Standard No. 191 the following test methods:
(i) Method 5100, Strength and Elongation, Breaking of Woven Cloth; Grab Method.
(ii) Method 5132, Strength of Cloth, Tearing; Falling-Pendulum Method.
(iii) Method 5134, Strength of Cloth, Tearing; Tongue Method.
(iv) Method 5804.1, Weathering Resistance of Cloth; Accelerated Weathering Method.
(v) Method 5762, Mildew Resistance of Textile Materials; Soil Burial Method.
(2) Federal Standard No. 751, Stitches, Seams, and Stitching.
(3) MIL-L-24611(SH), Life Preserver Support Package for Life Preserver, MK 4.
(d) National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (formerly National Bureau of Standards), 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-1070, 301-975-6478, http://www.nist.gov.
(1) “The Universal Color Language” and “The Color Names Dictionary” in Color: Universal Language and Dictionary of Names, National Institute of Standards Special Publication 440.
(e) Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL), 12 Laboratory Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-3995, 919-549-1400, http://www.ul.com.
(1) UL 1191, Components for Personal Flotation Devices.
(2) UL 1517, Standard for Hybrid Personal Flotation Devices (November 12, 1984), incorporation by reference approved for 46 CFR 160.077-5(e)(2); 160.077-11(a)(5)(ii) and(g)(1); 160.077-15(b)(12); 160.077-17(b)(9); 160.077-19(a)(5) and (b)(1) through (18); 160.077-21(c)(1) through (5); 160.077-23(h)(4) through (7); 160.077-27(e)(1) and (4); and 160.077-29(c)(5), (7), and (9), and (d)(1) and (5).
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.