46 CFR 160.115-17 - Marking and labeling.
(a) Each winch must be marked with a plate or label permanently affixed in a conspicuous place readily accessible for inspection and sufficiently durable to withstand continuous exposure to environmental conditions at sea for the life of the winch.
(b) The plate or label must be in English, but may also be in other languages.
(c) The plate or label must contain the -
(1) Name and address of the manufacturer;
(2) Manufacturer's model identification;
(3) Name of the independent laboratory that witnessed the prototype or production tests;
(4) Serial number of the winch;
(5) U.S. Coast Guard approval number;
(6) Month and year of manufacture;
(7) Safe working load of the winch; and
(8) Word “SOLAS”.