46 CFR 160.156-17 - Marking and labeling.
(a) Each rescue boat must be marked with a plate or label permanently affixed to the hull in a conspicuous place readily accessible for inspection and sufficiently durable to withstand continuous exposure to environmental conditions at sea for the life of the rescue boat.
(b) The plate or label must be in English, but may also be in other languages.
(c) The plate or label must contain the -
(1) Name and address of the manufacturer;
(2) Manufacturer's model identification;
(3) Name of the independent laboratory that witnessed the prototype or production tests;
(4) Serial number of the rescue boat;
(5) U.S. Coast Guard approval number;
(6) Month and year of manufacture;
(7) Material of hull construction;
(10) Word “SOLAS.”
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.