46 CFR 160.176-21 - User manuals.
(a) The manufacturer must develop a user's manual for each model of inflatable lifejacket. The content of the manual must be provided for approval according to §§ 160.176-5(a)(3)(v) and 160.176-5(b) of this part.
(c) Each user's manual must contain in detail the following:
(1) Instructions on use of the lifejacket and replacement of expendable parts.
(2) Procedures for examining serviceability of lifejackets and the frequency of examination.
(3) Pages for logging on board examinations.
(4) Frequency of required servicing at approved servicing facilities.
(5) Instructions, if any, on proper stowage.
(6) Procedures for getting the lifejackets repaired by a servicing facility or the manufacturer.
(7) Procedures for making emergency repairs on board.
(8) Any specific restrictions or special instructions.
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.