46 CFR 162.018-6 - Marking.
(a) Each safety relief valve shall be plainly marked by the manufacturer with the required data in such a way that the marking will not be obliterated in service. The marking may be stamped on the valve or stamped or cast on a plate securely fastened to the valve. The marking shall include the following data:
(1) The name or identifying trademark of the manufacturer.
(2) Manufacturer's design or type number.
(3) Size __ inches. (The pipe size of the valve inlet).
(4) Set pressure __ p.s.i.
(5) Rated capacity __ cubic feet per minute of the gas or vapor (at 60 °F. and 14.7 p.s.i.a.).
(6) Coast Guard approval number. The minimum wording for showing approval shall be “USCG 162.018/* *” or “USCG 162.018-* * ”.
* * Number to be assigned by the Commanding Officer, USCG Marine Safety Center.
Title 46 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 162 after this date.