46 CFR 280.7 - Reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
(a) Reporting requirement. Except as provided in § 280.9 of this part (relating to the final year of an ODS agreement), each operator shall submit to the Secretary (two copies) and to the Region Director (one copy), by March 31 of the succeeding year, a report for each calendar year setting forth for each service; the total gross revenue, the miscellaneous gross revenue, the inbound and outbound gross freight revenues, the wayport gross freight revenue, and the outbound and inbound gross freight revenues earned from the carriage of military cargo and from the carriage of civilian preference cargo carried at premium rates as determined pursuant to § 280.5. See § 280.10(b) for the form of the report required to be submitted by this paragraph.
(b) Recordkeeping requirement. In support of each report submitted pursuant to this section or § 280.9, each operator shall:
(1) Maintain and make available for audit upon request, records for each service, outbound and inbound, which show for each item of civilian preference cargo carried during the calendar year, the name of the commodity carried according to the tariff description, the rate at which it was carried, the world rate for the commodity for the same or a competitive origin and destination and within a reasonably similar time period, and whether or not the item was considered to have been carried at a premium rate, or
(2) Establish upon request to the satisfaction of the Region Director, by demonstration of its accounting system or by other reasonable means, that the report filed under paragraph (a) of this section is substantially correct.
(c) Certification of report. Each report submitted pursuant to this section or § 280.9 must be accompanied by a certification by a responsible official of the operator in the following form:
I hereby certify to the best of my knowledge and belief that this report is complete and accurate and conforms to the requirements of 46 CFR part 280.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the information contained in any report submitted pursuant to this section or § 280.9 is not entitled to be considered confidential for purposes of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552).
(2) If an operator desires confidential treatment of any information contained in such a submitted report, the operator is required to file concurrently with each such report a written request for a determination of confidentiality.
(i) A precise, item-by-item specification of the information in the report that the operator asserts is within one of the exemptions from disclosure in 5 U.S.C. 552(b);
(ii) A statement as to whether each identified item is treated as confidential by the operator and the steps taken by the operator to ensure that confidentiality; and
(iii) An explanation of how release of each identified item would cause substantial competitive injury to the operator, and the exact nature of that injury.
(4) An operator's general, unexplained assertions of exemption under section 552(b) are insufficient and the item or items concerned will not be considered for confidential treatment.
(1) If it is determined that an exemption is applicable to an item or items of information which have been properly specified and supported in a confidentiality request under paragraph (d) of this section, the operator will be so notified in writing.
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 46 CFR Part 280.