46 CFR 388.2 - Definitions.
For the purposes of this part:
(a)Administrator means the Maritime Administrator.
(b)Coastwise Trade Laws include:
(1) The Coastwise Endorsement Provision of the Vessel Documentation Laws, ( 46 U.S.C. 12106);
(2) The Passenger Services Act, section 8 of the Act of June 19, 1886 (46 App. U.S.C. 289); and
(3) The Jones Act, section 27 of the Merchant Marine Act, 1920 (46 App. U.S.C. 883).
(c)Eligible Vessel means a vessel that - is either a small passenger vessel or an uninspected passenger vessel that -
(1) Was not built in the United States and is at least 3 years of age; or
(2) If rebuilt, was rebuilt outside the United States at least 3 years before the certificate of documentation with appropriate endorsement if granted, would become effective.
(d)MARAD means the Maritime Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation.
(e)Secretary means the Secretary of Transportation.
(f) The terms small passenger vessel, uninspected passenger vessel and passenger for hire have the meaning given such terms by 46 U.S.C. 2101.
(g)Fraud means the intentional misrepresentation of a material fact or facts.