46 CFR 520.8 - Effective dates.
(2) An amendment which deletes a specific commodity and applicable rate from a tariff, thereby resulting in a higher “cargo n.o.s.” or similar general cargo rate, is a rate increase requiring a 30-day notice period.
(3) Rates for the transportation of cargo for the U.S. Department of Defense may be effective upon publication.
(b) Amendments. The following amendments may take effect upon publication:
(1) Those resulting in no change in cost to a shipper;
(3) The addition of a port or point to a previously existing origin or destination grouping; or
(4) Changes in charges for terminal services, canal tolls, additional charges, or other provisions not under the control of the common carriers or conferences, which merely acts as a collection agent for such charges and the agency making such changes does so without notifying the tariff owner.