46 CFR 56.95-1 - General (replaces 136).
(a) The provisions in this subpart shall apply to inspection in lieu of 136 of ASME B31.1 (incorporated by reference; see 46 CFR 56.01-2).
(b) Prior to initial operation, a piping installation shall be inspected to the extent necessary to assure compliance with the engineering design, and with the material, fabrication, assembly and test requirements of ASME B31.1, as modified by this subchapter. This inspection is the responsibility of the owner and may be performed by employees of the owner or of an engineering organization employed by the owner, together with the marine inspector.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 56 after this date.
- 46 CFR 56.95-5 — Rights of Access of Marine Inspectors.
- 46 CFR 56.70-15 — Procedure.
- 46 CFR 52.01-105 — Piping, Valves and Fittings (Modifies PG-58 and PG-59).
- 46 CFR 52.15-5 — Tube Connections (Modifies PWT-9 and PWT-11).
- 46 CFR 52.05-45 — Circumferential Joints in Pipes, Tubes and Headers (Modifies PW-41).