46 CFR 71.65-5 - Plans and specifications required for new construction.
(2) General Arrangement Plan of decks, holds, inner bottoms, etc., and including inboard and outboard profile.
1 The Asterisk (*) indicates items that are approved by the American Bureau of Shipping for vessels classed by it. Items approved the American Bureau of Shipping are generally accepted as satisfactory unless the law or Coast Guard regulations contain requirements that are not covered by the American Bureau of Shipping.
(13) *Arrangement of the cargo gear including a stress diagram. The principal details of the gear and the safe working load for each component part shall be shown.
(1) Fire control diagram showing location and type of all required fire-screen insulation, including main fire zone and subdivisions, stairway and elevator enclosures, control space enclosures, etc., and type of all doors in such subdivisions and enclosures.
(2) Comprehensive typical details of fire-screen insulation of both vertical and horizontal surfaces, including deck coverings where used, keyed by reference numbers to the “fire control diagram”.
(6) Extinguishing systems, including fire main, carbon dioxide, clean agent, foam, and sprinkling systems.
(1) For plans required for marine engineering equipment and systems, see subchapter F (Marine Engineering) of this chapter.
(1) For plans required for electrical engineering equipment and systems, see subchapter J (Electrical Engineering) of this chapter.
(1) These plans are to show the location and arrangement of embarkation decks, all overboard discharges and projections in way of launching lifeboats, weights of lifeboats fully equipped and loaded, working loads of davits and winches, types and sizes of falls, the manufacturer's name and identification for all equipment, and all other relevant and necessary information.
(1) Arrangement plans showing accommodations, ventilation, escapes, hospital, and sanitary facilities for all crewmembers.
(i) Navigation bridge visibility. For vessels of 100 meters (328 feet) or more in length contracted for on or after September 7, 1990, a plan must be included which shows how visibility from the navigation bridge will meet the standards contained in § 72.04-1 of this subchapter.
[CGFR 65-50, 30 FR 16895, Dec. 30, 1965, as amended by CGD 79-023, 48 FR 51007, Nov. 4, 1983; CGD 85-099, 55 FR 32247, Aug. 8, 1990; CGD 88-032, 56 FR 35824, July 29, 1991; USCG-2006-24797, 77 FR 33875, Jun. 7, 2012]
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.