47 CFR 1.10009 - What are the steps for electronic filing?
(a) Step 1: Register for an FCC Registration Number (FRN). (See subpart W, §§ 1.8001 through 1.8004.)
(1) If you already have an FRN, go to Step 2.
(2) In order to process your electronic application, you must have an FRN. You may obtain an FRN either directly from the Commission Registration System (CORES) at http://www.fcc.gov/e-file/, or through IBFS as part of your filing process. If you need to know more about who needs an FRN, visit CORES at http://www.fcc.gov/e-file/.
(3) If you are a(n):
(ii) Transferee and assignee,
(iii) Transferor and assignor,
(iv) Licensee/Authorization Holder, or
(b) Step 2: Register with IBFS.
(1) If you are already registered with IBFS, go to Step 3.
(i) Your name,
(ii) Your company's name, or
(iii) Your client's name.
(c) Step 3: Log into IBFS, select the application you want to file, provide the required FRN(s) and password(s) and fill out your application. You must completely fill out forms and provide all requested information as provided in parts 1, 25, 63 and 64 of this chapter.
(1) You must provide an address where you can receive mail delivery by the United States Postal Service. You are also encouraged to provide an e-mail address. This information is used to contact you regarding your application and to request additional documentation, if necessary.
(2) Reference to material on file. You must answer questions on application forms that call for specific technical data, or that require yes or no answers or other short answers. However, if documents or other lengthy showings are already on file with us and contain the required information, you may incorporate the information by reference, as long as:
(i) The referenced information is filed in IBFS or, if manually filed, the information is more than one “8 1/2 inch by 11 inch” page.
(ii) The referenced information is current and accurate in all material respects; and
(A) The application file number, if the reference is to previously-filed applications
(B) The title of the proceeding, the docket number, and any legal citation, if the reference is to a docketed proceeding.
(d) Step 4: File your application. If you file your application successfully through IBFS, a confirmation screen will appear showing you the date and time of your filing and your submission ID. Print this verification for your records as proof of online filing.
(e) Step 5: Pay for your application.
(i) You can refer to § 1.1107,
(2) A complete FCC Form 159 must accompany all fee payments. You must provide the FRN for both the applicant and the payer. You also must include your IBFS Submission ID number on your FCC Form 159 in the box labeled “FCC Code 2.” In addition, for applications for transfer of control or assignment of license, call signs involved in the transaction must be entered into the “FCC Code 1” box on the FCC Form 159. (This may require the use of multiple rows on the FCC Form 159 for a single application where more than one call sign is involved.)
(i) You may use a paper version of FCC Form 159, or
(ii) You can generate a pre-filled FCC Form 159 from IBFS using your IBFS Submission ID. For specific instructions on using IBFS to generate your FCC Form 159, go to the IBFS Web site (http://www.fcc.gov/ibfs) and click on the “Getting Started” button.
(3) You have 3 payment options:
(i) Pay by credit card (through IBFS or by regular mail),
(ii) Pay by check, bank draft or money order, or
(iii) Pay by wire transfer or other electronic payments.
(4) You have 14 calendar days from the date you file your application in IBFS to submit your fee payment to U.S. Bank. Your FCC Form 159 must be stamped “received” by U.S. Bank by the 14th day. If not, we will dismiss your application.
(5) If you send your Form 159 and payment to U.S. Bank in paper form, you should mail your completed Form 159 and payment to the address specified in § 1.1107 of the Commission's rules. If you file electronically, do not send copies of your application with your payment and Form 159.
(6) For more information on fee payments, refer to Payment Instructions found on the IBFS Internet site at http://www.fcc.gov/ibfs.
(7) Step 5 is not applicable if your application is fee exempt.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 1 after this date.