47 CFR 1.17 - Truthful and accurate statements to the Commission.
(a) In any investigatory or adjudicatory matter within the Commission's jurisdiction (including, but not limited to, any informal adjudication or informal investigation but excluding any declaratory ruling proceeding) and in any proceeding to amend the FM or Television Table of Allotments (with respect to expressions of interest) or any tariff proceeding, no person subject to this rule shall;
(1) In any written or oral statement of fact, intentionally provide material factual information that is incorrect or intentionally omit material information that is necessary to prevent any material factual statement that is made from being incorrect or misleading; and
(2) In any written statement of fact, provide material factual information that is incorrect or omit material information that is necessary to prevent any material factual statement that is made from being incorrect or misleading without a reasonable basis for believing that any such material factual statement is correct and not misleading.
(b) For purpose of paragraph (a) of this section, “persons subject to this rule” shall mean the following:
(1) Any applicant for any Commission authorization;
(2) Any holder of any Commission authorization, whether by application or by blanket authorization or other rule;
(3) Any person performing without Commission authorization an activity that requires Commission authorization;
(4) Any person that has received a citation or a letter of inquiry from the Commission or its staff, or is otherwise the subject of a Commission or staff investigation, including an informal investigation;
(5) In a proceeding to amend the FM or Television Table of Allotments, any person filing an expression of interest; and
(6) To the extent not already covered in this paragraph (b), any cable operator or common carrier.
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 1 after this date.