47 CFR 15.109 - Radiated emission limits.
(a) Except for Class A digital devices, the field strength of radiated emissions from unintentional radiators at a distance of 3 meters shall not exceed the following values:
(b) The field strength of radiated emissions from a Class A digital device, as determined at a distance of 10 meters, shall not exceed the following:
(c) In the emission tables above, the tighter limit applies at the band edges. Sections 15.33 and 15.35 which specify the frequency range over which radiated emissions are to be measured and the detector functions and other measurement standards apply.
(d) For CB receivers, the field strength of radiated emissions within the frequency range of 25-30 MHz shall not exceed 40 microvolts/meter at a distance of 3 meters. The field strength of radiated emissions above 30 MHz from such devices shall comply with the limits in paragraph (a) of this section.
(e) Carrier current systems used as unintentional radiators or other unintentional radiators that are designed to conduct their radio frequency emissions via connecting wires or cables and that operate in the frequency range of 9 kHz to 30 MHz, including devices that deliver the radio frequency energy to transducers, such as ultrasonic devices not covered under part 18 of this chapter, shall comply with the radiated emission limits for intentional radiators provided in § 15.209 for the frequency range of 9 kHz to 30 MHz. As an alternative, carrier current systems used as unintentional radiators and operating in the frequency range of 525 kHz to 1705 kHz may comply with the radiated emission limits provided in § 15.221(a). At frequencies above 30 MHz, the limits in paragraph (a), (b), or (g) of this section, as appropriate, apply.
(f) For a receiver which employs terminals for the connection of an external receiving antenna, the receiver shall be tested to demonstrate compliance with the provisions of this section with an antenna connected to the antenna terminals unless the antenna conducted power is measured as specified in § 15.111(a). If a permanently attached receiving antenna is used, the receiver shall be tested to demonstrate compliance with the provisions of this section.
(g) As an alternative to the radiated emission limits shown in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, digital devices may be shown to comply with the standards contained in Third Edition of the International Special Committee on Radio Interference (CISPR), Pub. 22, “Information Technology Equipment - Radio Disturbance Characteristics - Limits and Methods of Measurement” (incorporated by reference, see § 15.38). In addition:
(1) The test procedure and other requirements specified in this part shall continue to apply to digital devices.
(2) If, in accordance with § 15.33 of this part, measurements must be performed above 1000 MHz, compliance above 1000 MHz shall be demonstrated with the emission limit in paragraph (a) or (b) of this section, as appropriate. Measurements above 1000 MHz may be performed at the distance specified in the CISPR 22 publications for measurements below 1000 MHz provided the limits in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section are extrapolated to the new measurement distance using an inverse linear distance extrapolation factor (20 dB/decade), e.g., the radiated limit above 1000 MHz for a Class B digital device is 150 uV/m, as measured at a distance of 10 meters.
(3) The measurement distances shown in CISPR Pub. 22, including measurements made in accordance with this paragraph above 1000 MHz, are considered, for the purpose of § 15.31(f)(4) of this part, to be the measurement distances specified in this part.
- 47 CFR 15.107 — Conducted Limits.
- 47 CFR 15.115 — TV Interface Devices, Including Cable System Terminal Devices.
- 47 CFR 15.32 — Test Procedures for CPU Boards and Computer Power Supplies.
- 47 CFR 15.33 — Frequency Range of Radiated Measurements.
- 47 CFR 15.611 — General Technical Requirements.
- 47 CFR 15.209 — Radiated Emission Limits; General Requirements.
- 47 CFR 15.111 — Antenna Power Conduction Limits for Receivers.
- 47 CFR 15.118 — Cable Ready Consumer Electronics Equipment.