§ 22.936Dismissal of applications in cellular renewal proceedings.
Any applicant that has filed an application in the Cellular Radiotelephone Service that is mutually exclusive with an application for renewal of a cellular authorization (competing application), and seeks to resolve the mutual exclusivity by requesting dismissal of its application, must obtain the approval of the FCC.
(a) If a competing applicant seeks to dismiss its application prior to the Initial Decision stage of the hearing on its application, it must submit to the Commission a request for approval of the dismissal of its application. This request for approval of the dismissal of its application must be submitted and must also include a copy of any agreement related to the withdrawal or dismissal, and an affidavit setting forth:
(1) A certification that neither the petitioner nor its principals has received or will receive any money or other consideration in excess of legitimate and prudent expenses in exchange for the withdrawal or dismissal of the application, except that this provision does not apply to dismissal or withdrawal of applications pursuant to bona fide merger agreements;
(2) The exact nature and amount of any consideration received or promised;
(3) An itemized accounting of the expenses for which it seeks reimbursement; and
(4) The terms of any oral agreement related to the withdrawal or dismissal of the application.
(b) In addition, within 5 days of the filing date of the applicant or petitioner's request for approval, each remaining party to any written or oral agreement must submit an affidavit setting forth:
(1) A certification that neither the applicant nor its principals has paid or will pay money or other consideration in excess of the legitimate and prudent expenses of the petitioner in exchange for withdrawing or dismissing the application; and
(2) The terms of any oral agreement relating to the withdrawal or dismissal of the application.
(c) For the purposes of this section:
(1) Affidavits filed pursuant to this section must be executed by the filing party, if an individual, a partner having personal knowledge of the facts, if a partnership, or an officer having personal knowledge of the facts, if a corporation or association.
(2) Applications are deemed to be pending before the FCC from the time the application is filed with the FCC until such time as an order of the FCC granting, denying or dismissing the application is no longer subject to reconsideration by the FCC or to review by any court.
(3) “Legitimate and prudent expenses” are those expenses reasonably incurred by a party in preparing to file, filing, prosecuting and/or settling its application for which reimbursement is sought.
(4) “Other consideration” consists of financial concessions, including, but not limited to, the transfer of assets or the provision of tangible pecuniary benefit, as well as non-financial concessions that confer any type of benefit on the recipient.
[59 FR 59507, Nov. 17, 1994, as amended at 63 FR 68951, Dec. 14, 1998]
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.