47 CFR 24.404 - Eligibility.
(a) General. Authorizations will be granted upon proper application if:
(1) The applicant is qualified under the applicable laws and the regulations, policies and decisions issued under the laws, including § 24.12;
(2) There are frequencies available to provide satisfactory service; and
(3) The public interest, convenience or necessity would be served by a grant.
(b) Alien ownership. A narrowband PCS authorization to provide Commercial Mobile Radio Service may not be granted to or held by:
(1) Any alien or the representative of any alien.
(2) Any corporation organized under the laws of any foreign government.
(3) Any corporation of which more than one-fifth of the capital stock is owned of record or voted by aliens or their representatives or by a foreign government or representative thereof or any corporation organized under the laws of a foreign country.
(4) Any corporation directly or indirectly controlled by any other corporation of which more than one-fourth of the capital stock is owned or voted by aliens, their representatives, or by a foreign government or representative thereof, or by any corporation organized under the laws of a foreign country, if the Commission finds that the public interest will be served by the refusal or revocation of such license. A Narrowband PCS authorization to provide Private Mobile Radio Service may not be granted to or held by a foreign government or a representative thereof.