(a) An application will be unacceptable for filing and will be returned to the applicant with a brief statement identifying the omissions or discrepancies if:
(1) The application is defective with respect to completeness of answers to questions, informational showings, internal inconsistencies, execution, or other matters of a formal character; or
(2) The application does not substantially comply with the Commission's rules, regulations, specific requests for additional information, or other requirements.
(3) The application requests authority to operate a space station in a frequency band that is not allocated internationally for such operations under the Radio Regulations of the International Telecommunication Union.
(b) Applications for space station authority found defective under paragraph (a)(3) of this section will not be considered. Applications for authority found defective under paragraphs (a)(1) or (a)(2) of this section may be accepted for filing if:
(1) The application is accompanied by a request which sets forth the reasons in support of a waiver of (or an exception to), in whole or in part, any specific rule, regulation, or requirement with which the application is in conflict;
(2) The Commission, upon its own motion, waives (or allows an exception to), in whole or in part, any rule, regulation or requirement.
(c) If an applicant is requested by the Commission to file any additional information or any supplementary or explanatory information not specifically required in the prescribed application form or these rules, a failure to comply with the request within a specified time period will be deemed to render the application defective and will subject it to dismissal.
[56 FR 24016, May 28, 1991, as amended at 68 FR 51502, Aug. 27, 2003]
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.