47 CFR 25.130 - Filing requirements for transmitting earth stations.
(a) Applications for a new or modified transmitting earth station facility shall be submitted on FCC Form 312, and associated Schedule B, accompanied by any required exhibits, except for those earth station applications filed on FCC Form 312EZ pursuant to § 25.115(a). All such earth station license applications must be filed electronically through the International Bureau Filing System (IBFS) in accordance with the applicable provisions of part 1, subpart Y of this chapter. Additional filing requirements for Earth Stations on Vessels are described in §§ 25.221 and 25.222. Additional filing requirements for Vehicle-Mounted Earth Stations are described in § 25.226. Additional filing requirements for Earth Stations Aboard Aircraft are described in § 25.227. In addition, applicants that are not required to submit applications on Form 312EZ, other than ESV, VMES or ESAA applicants, must submit the following information to be used as an “informative” in the public notice issued under § 25.151 as an attachment to their application:
(1) A detailed description of the service to be provided, including frequency bands and satellites to be used. The applicant must identify either the specific satellite(s) with which it plans to operate, or the eastern and western boundaries of the arc it plans to coordinate.
(2) The diameter or equivalent diameter of the antenna.
(3) Proposed power and power density levels.
(4) Identification of any random access technique, if applicable.
(5) Identification of a specific rule or rules for which a waiver is requested.
(b) A frequency coordination analysis in accordance with § 25.203 shall be provided for earth stations transmitting in the frequency bands shared with equal rights between terrestrial and space services, except that applications for user transceiver units associated with the NVNG mobile-satellite service shall instead provide the information required by § 25.135 and applications for user transceiver units associated with the 1.6/2.4 GHz Mobile-Satellite Service shall demonstrate that user transceiver operations comply with the requirements set forth in § 25.213.
(c) In those cases where an applicant is filing a number of essentially similar applications, showings of a general nature applicable to all of the proposed stations may be submitted in the initial application and incorporated by reference in subsequent applications.
(d) Transmissions of signals or programming to non-U.S. licensed satellites, and to and/or from foreign points by means of U.S.-licensed fixed satellites may be subject to restrictions as a result of international agreements or treaties. The Commission will maintain public information on the status of any such agreements.
(f) Applicants seeking to operate in a shared government/non-government band must provide the half-power beam width of their proposed earth station antenna, as an attachment to their applications.
(g) Parties may apply for a single FSS earth station license under one call sign covering operation of multiple transmitting antennas not eligible for blanket licensing under another section of this part, in the following circumstances:
(1) The antennas would transmit in frequency bands shared with terrestrial services on a co-primary basis and the antennas would be sited within an area bounded by 1 second of latitude and 1 second of longitude.
(2) The antennas would transmit in frequency bands allocated to FSS on a primary basis and there is no co-primary allocation for terrestrial services, and the antennas would be sited within an area bounded by 10 seconds of latitude and 10 seconds of longitude.
This paragraph does not apply to applications filed pursuant to § 25.134, § 25.138, § 25.221, § 25.222, § 25.226, or § 25.227 or to applications for 29 GHz NGSO MSS feeder link stations in a complex as defined in § 25.257.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 25 after this date.