47 CFR 27.70 - Information exchange.
(a) Prior notification. Public safety licensees authorized to operate in the 758-775 MHz and 788-805 MHz bands may notify any licensee authorized to operate in the 746-757 or 776-787 MHz bands that they wish to receive prior notification of the activation or modification of the licensee's base or fixed stations in their area. Thereafter, the 746-757 or 776-787 MHz band licensee must provide the following information to the public safety licensee at least 10 business days before a new base or fixed station is activated or an existing base or fixed station is modified:
(2) Effective radiated power;
(3) Antenna height; and
(4) Channels available for use.
(b) Purpose of prior notification. The prior coordination of base or fixed stations is for informational purposes only. Public safety licensees are not afforded the right to accept or reject the activation of a proposed base or fixed station or to unilaterally require changes in its operating parameters. The principal purposes of notification are to:
(1) Allow a public safety licensee to advise the 746-757 or 776-787 MHz band licensee whether it believes a proposed base or fixed station will generate unacceptable interference;
(2) Permit 746-757 and 776-787 MHz band licensees to make voluntary changes in base or fixed station parameters when a public safety licensee alerts them to possible interference; and,
(3) Rapidly identify the source if interference is encountered when the base or fixed station is activated.
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 27 after this date.