47 CFR 6.11 - Information, documentation, and training.
(a) Manufacturers and service providers shall ensure access to information and documentation it provides to its customers, if readily achievable. Such information and documentation includes user guides, bills, installation guides for end-user installable devices, and product support communications, regarding both the product in general and the accessibility features of the product. Manufacturers shall take such other readily achievable steps as necessary including:
(1) Providing a description of the accessibility and compatibility features of the product upon request, including, as needed, in alternate formats or alternate modes at no additional charge;
(2) Providing end-user product documentation in alternate formats or alternate modes upon request at no additional charge; and
(3) Ensuring usable customer support and technical support in the call centers and service centers which support their products at no additional charge.
(c) In developing, or incorporating existing training programs, manufacturers and service providers, shall consider the following topics:
(1) Accessibility requirements of individuals with disabilities;
(2) Means of communicating with individuals with disabilities;
(3) Commonly used adaptive technology used with the manufacturer's products;
(4) Designing for accessibility; and
(5) Solutions for accessibility and compatibility.
Title 47 published on 02-May-2017 03:40
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 6 after this date.