47 CFR § 63.63 - Emergency discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service.
(a) Application for authority for emergency discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service shall be made by electronically filing an informal request through the “Submit a Non-Docketed Filing” module of the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System. Such requests shall be made as soon as practicable but not later than 15 days in the case of public coast stations, or 65 days in all other cases, after the occurrence of the conditions which have occasioned the discontinuance, reduction, or impairment. The request shall make reference to this section and show the following:
(1) The effective date of such discontinuance, reduction, or impairment, and the identification of the service area affected;
(2) The nature and estimated duration of the conditions causing the discontinuance, reduction, or impairment;
(3) The facts showing that such conditions could not reasonably have been foreseen by the carrier in sufficient time to prevent such discontinuance, reduction, or impairment;
(4) A description of the service involved;
(5) The nature of service which will be available or substituted;
(6) The effect upon rates to any person in the community;
(7) The efforts made and to be made by applicant to restore the original service or establish comparable service as expeditiously as possible.
(b) Authority for the emergency discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service for a period of 60 days shall be deemed to have been granted by the Commission effective as of the date of the filing of the request unless, on or before the 15th day after the date of filing, the Commission shall notify the carrier to the contrary. Renewal of such authority may be requested by letter or telegram, filed with the Commission not later than 10 days prior to the expiration of such 60-day period, making reference to this section and showing that such conditions may reasonably be expected to continue for a further period and what efforts the applicant has made to restore the original or establish comparable service. If the same or comparable service is reestablished before the termination of the emergency authorization, the carrier shall notify the Commission promptly. However, the Commission may, upon specific request of the carrier and upon a proper showing, contained in such informal request, authorize such discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service for an indefinite period or permanently.