47 CFR 64.1310 - Payphone compensation procedures.
(a) Unless the payphone service provider consents to an alternative compensation arrangement, each Completing Carrier identified in § 64.1300(a) shall compensate the payphone service provider in accordance with paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(4) of this section. A payphone service provider may not unreasonably withhold its consent to an alternative compensation arrangement.
(2) Each Completing Carrier shall pay compensation to payphone service providers on a quarterly basis for each completed payphone call identified in the Completing Carrier's quarterly report required by paragraph (a)(4) of this section.
(3) When payphone compensation is tendered for a quarter, the chief financial officer of the Completing Carrier shall submit to each payphone service provider to which compensation is tendered a sworn statement that the payment amount for that quarter is accurate and is based on 100% of all completed calls that originated from that payphone service provider's payphones. Instead of transmitting individualized statements to each payphone service provider, a Completing Carrier may provide a single, blanket sworn statement addressed to all payphone service providers to which compensation is tendered for that quarter and may notify the payphone service providers of the sworn statement through any electronic method, including transmitting the sworn statement with the § 64.1310(a)(4) quarterly report, or posting the sworn statement on the Completing Carrier or clearinghouse website. If a Completing Carrier chooses to post the sworn statement on its website, the Completing Carrier shall state in its § 64.1310(a)(4) quarterly report the web address of the sworn statement.
(4) At the conclusion of each quarter, the Completing Carrier shall submit to the payphone service provider, in computer readable format, a report on that quarter that includes:
(ii) The volume of calls for each number identified in paragraph (a)(4)(i) of this section that were completed by the Completing Carrier;
(iii) The name, address, and phone number of the person or persons responsible for handling the Completing Carrier's payphone compensation; and
(iv) The carrier identification code (“CIC”) of all facilities-based long distance carriers that routed calls to the Completing Carrier, categorized according to the list of toll-free and access code numbers identified in paragraph (a)(4)(i) of this section.
(b) For purposes of this subpart, an Intermediate Carrier is a facilities-based long distance carrier that switches payphone calls to other facilities-based long distance carriers.
(c) Unless the payphone service provider agrees to other reporting arrangements, each Intermediate Carrier shall provide the payphone service provider with quarterly reports, in computer readable format, that include:
(1) A list of all the facilities-based long distance carriers to which the Intermediate Carrier switched toll-free and access code calls dialed from each of that payphone service provider's payphones;
(2) For each facilities-based long distance carrier identified in paragraph (c)(1) of this section, a list of the toll-free and access code numbers dialed from each of that payphone service provider's payphones that all local exchange carriers have delivered to the Intermediate Carrier and that the Intermediate Carrier switched to the identified facilities-based long distance carrier;
(3) The volume of calls for each number identified in paragraph (c)(2) of this section that the Intermediate Carrier has received from each of that payphone service provider's payphones, identified by their ANIs, and switched to each facilities-based long distance carrier identified in paragraph (c)(1) of this section; and
(4) The name, address and telephone number and other identifying information of the person or persons for each facilities-based long distance carrier identified in paragraph (c)(1) of this section who serves as the Intermediate Carrier's contact at each identified facilities-based long distance carrier.
(d) Local Exchange Carriers must provide to carriers required to pay compensation pursuant to § 64.1300(a) a list of payphone numbers in their service areas. The list must be provided on a quarterly basis. Local Exchange Carriers must verify disputed numbers in a timely manner, and must maintain verification data for 18 months after close of the compensation period.
(e) Local Exchange Carriers must respond to all carrier requests for payphone number verification in connection with the compensation requirements herein, even if such verification is a negative response.
(f) A payphone service provider that seeks compensation for payphones that are not included on the Local Exchange Carrier's list satisfies its obligation to provide alternative reasonable verification to a payor carrier if it provides to that carrier:
(1) A notarized affidavit attesting that each of the payphones for which the payphone service provider seeks compensation is a payphone that was in working order as of the last day of the compensation period; and
(2) Corroborating evidence that each such payphone is owned by the payphone service provider seeking compensation and was in working order on the last day of the compensation period. Corroborating evidence shall include, at a minimum, the telephone bill for the last month of the billing quarter indicating use of a line screening service.
(g) Each Completing Carrier and each Intermediate Carrier must maintain verification data to support the quarterly reports submitted pursuant to paragraphs (a)(4) and (c) of this section for 27 months after the close of that quarter. This data must include the time and date that each call identified in paragraphs (a)(4) and (c) of this section was made. This data must be provided to the payphone service provider upon request.
Title 47 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 64 after this date.