47 CFR 73.3591 - Grants without hearing.
(a) Except for renewal applications filed after May 1, 1995 which will be subject to paragraph (d) of this section, in the case of any application for an instrument of authorization, other than a license pursuant to a construction permit, the FCC will make the grant if it finds (on the basis of the application, the pleadings filed or other matters which it may officially notice) that the application presents no substantial and material question of fact and meets the following requirements:
(2) The applicant is legally, technically, financially, and otherwise qualified;
(3) The applicant is not in violation of provisions of law, the FCC rules, or established policies of the FCC; and
(4) A grant of the application would otherwise serve the public interest, convenience and necessity.
(b) In making its determinations pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (a) of this section, the FCC will not consider any other application, or any application if amended so as to require a new file number, as being mutually exclusive or in conflict with the application under consideration unless such other application was substantially complete, and tendered for filing by:
(1) The close of business on the day preceding the day designated by Public Notice as the day the listed application is to be available and ready for processing;
(2) The date prescribed in § 73.3516(e) in the case of applications which are mutually exclusive with applications for renewal of license of broadcast stations; or
(3) The close of business on the day designated by the FCC pursuant to § 73.3564(d) as the date(s) for filing low power TV or TV translator applications.
(c) If a petition to deny the application has been filed in accordance with § 73.3584 and the FCC makes the grant in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section, the FCC will deny the petition and issue a concise statement setting forth the reasons for denial and disposing of all substantial issues raised by the petition.
(d) Renewal applications filed after May 1, 1995 will be governed by the criteria established in 47 U.S.C. § 309(k).
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 73 after this date.